If you don’t already love beets, well – what are you waiting for?
- Beets are an insane source of vitamins and minerals - including potassium, magnesium fibre, iron and vitamins A, B and C.
- They are extremely cleansing - I like to call them a “liver loving food”, as they contain specific nutrients which are important for phase 2 detoxification process in the liver. Beets also help to purity the blood.
- Boost your stamina – beet juice is known to enhance performance. The benefit is thought to be related to the nitrates turning into nitric oxide, which may reduce cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.
- Fights inflammation – due to their high betaine content, a nutrient which helps protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress.
- Rich in fiber – helping to cleanse the liver and provide bulk for stools, helping with smoother bowel motions.
- High in antioxidants and boost the immune system – as they contain high levels of vitamin C and beta-carotene. Both powerful antioxidants important for defending against the effects of free radicals in the body.
- Aphrodisiac – beets have been said to help boost your sex drive.
- Boost energy levels – beets contain a significant amount of carbohydrates that provides fuel for energy and prolonged sports activities. These are the natural building blocks for energy metabolism.
- Digestion and regularity – due to their high fibre content, beetroot helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
- Prevents cataracts – due to the presences of beta-carotene, which is a form of vitamin A, helps to protect against age-related eye disorders.